Distance: 1m round trip | Climb: 64ft | Surface: rock, dirt
This is a beautiful light hike with gorgeous views of Pactola Reservoir. There are a couple of moderate inclines, but nothing too drastic. If you are an avid bird watcher, you will enjoy seeing Ospreys and the Hairy Woodpecker flying about. The Osprey Trail is a beautiful and picturesque hike.
- Coming from Deadwood on Hwy 385 turn right on the road directly past the Pactola Visitor Center that is directing you to the Pactola Pines Marina.
- Travel west for 1.4 miles to the marina.
- Turn right on the road that is marked, directing you to the trail.
- Travel for 1 mile to the fee station. You will not need to pay if you are just hiking.
- You will need to park in the visitor overflow parking lot and walk down the road of the campground to the trailhead. I started on trailhead B, but you can start on either A or B as the trail is a loop.