Distance: 3-6m round trip | Climb: 891ft | Surface: dirt, gravel
Interactive Map Coming Soon! Below is an Image of Trail.
A good mountain biking or hiking trail area that is within minutes of downtown Rapid City. The paths are not marked, but there are Skyline Drive signs which show hikers the idea of where the trailheads are located. Most of the trails are narrow deer trails now used for hikers/bikers. This hike gives a great quick escape to the forest feel that can be done even during a lunch break with great views of the city as well.
In Rapid City, 5 Trailheads
- From West Blvd, take St. Patrick Street to dead end. The trail begins through the fence.
- From West Blvd, take Franklin St. West to Palo Verde Dr. The trail is to the left in between two driveways.
- From West Blvd, take Flormann to Skyline Dr. Take a right, trailhead will be on your right.
- From West Blvd, take St Cloud St to dead end.
- From Sheridan Lake Rd, take W. Flormann to Cerro Ct. Take a right and trailhead is at the dead end.